ASUS, a renowned name in IT industry manufactures computer motherboards and other peripherals. The BIOS is a firmware program built into the motherboard. It starts each time the computer turns on or restarts to check and initialize all hardware components. BIOS setup on ASUS motherboard typically contains many options for configuring hardware. However there occurs compatibility issue that needs technical support to fix. Updating BIOS can also fix the issue. You need to call on Asus support phone number to get reliable solution for updating BIOS.
How to update BIOS on ASUS laptop?
- Insert bootable USB drive.
- Copy the latest version of BIOS file to the USB drive.
- Insert the motherboard support CD into optical drive.
- Copy AFUDOS.EXE from CD to the USB drive.
- Restart the system.
- When the DOS prompt appears, type the following: afudos / i [name of BIOS file].
- Wait till your screen shows update in progress with a number of messages: “Reading file” and then “Delete flash” and then “Writing flash”.
- After the update is complete, the tool returns to the DOS prompt. Restart.
- Now enter to the BIOS menu and load “Setup Standard”.
- Save and restart.
Update via the Internet
- Start the ASUS Update Utility installed on your computer.
- Select “Update BIOS” from the “Internet option” drop-down menu.
- Select the ASUS FTP site near to you and click on “Next”.
- Download the latest BIOS version.